February 10, 2008

Saved from Op Shop



Well, I never. I've been going to make a roman blind and today was the day!! (well its cut out.. that's a start). I'm just using my old lounge curtains to make a blind and a curtain for the ranchsliders in my conservatory. Eeeky fabric but it's only the conservatory and doesnt look too bad with a lot of light on it. They look a few years old as the lining is a little shaded.




But I needed more rings etc so of I went to spotlight. Shock, horror they had the exact fabric! I thought wow, this could be cheap.. save me cutting and redoing seams I'll buy a bit more for the blind but hello! $19.99 a metre?*! So back home and cut out the old ones. After all they are only going to fade given the amount of sun I get in that room through the roof.


And today it rained, in fact it poured for at least an hour. A friend came from the other side of town and said it was teaming down in town but it took an hour for it to reach us. So the gardens and lawns have had a drink and I didnt have to stand there and do it.


Where do weekends go?? I don't seem to have achieved much. I haven't done any sewing. I've looked through my mags as I have a challenge project to be done by mid March. I run a sewing group and gave everyone an assortment of bits of christmas fabric. The challenge was to use all the pieces and others if you wish and make something out of it. I think I've found something I could do with them all but embroidery???? Maybe I'll think of something different on the background fabric. I'll make it smaller too and give it to my mum next Christmas!

And I've been bad this weekend. I had a look on Trade Me and bought some gorgeous hydrangea fabrics.. in six different colourways. Can't wait for it to arrive. And good old Arthur Toye, god they love me in there, have heaps of fabrics for $5 metre. But I bought it for backing so that was useful. I also bought some for our Saturday sewing bee lucky dips. Gosh, I love fabric... sick or what!

1 comment:

Chris H said...

YEP you be a sicko!!!! I can thing of so many more interesting things to go ga ga over! Like diamonds, ummmm sapphires, more diamonds... ha hha ha