February 2, 2008

Technology!!!

Or lack of.. where would we be without mobiles. I haven't had a landline since Wednesday night... telecom came yesterday and said they'd fixed it. But when I got home the line was still dead as so for four hours today I've had two rather lovely technicians in my backyard and under my house! Rather lovely they were.. new to NZ... and half my age haha but very nice to look at!!!.. Who needs the fireman's calender?? They eventually had to dig up the back lawn and put a new cable in. Seems the people who built on the conservatory may have built over the phone lines.. mind you they're probably stuffed by now or eaten by ants around here!!!

Today started off well but still I have achieved nothing. I went shopping for shoes and a new iron but instead I HAVE finally bought a hose reel thingy so I don't have to worry about tripping over it, I HAVE bought a long handled car brush as my right arm is still not right after surgery and I can't reach... I HAVE found the right vacumn cleaner bags after searching all of PN and I bought a sprinkler so I dont have to stand and water the garden every night.

BUT Bloody But... I have also bought some fabric paints... do I need another project.. oh my god NO! I saw this gorgeous absolutely fantastic book that my friend Rhonda is making using fabric and paints etc etc and I've decided to make my sister one for her 30th wedding anniversary (in 8 weeks time)... with photos of the wedding and their children and Israel where thy love to go every year etc etc.. beads, buttons, trimming... ideas are flowing..
But today has been a blow out and I've achieved nothing cause the 'garden' needed my attention hehe.. (oh my is this me thinking like this!!! geez I must be getting well??) Settle Petal!

Well a friend and I are going out to Breakers for dinner cause I'm sick of eating the same old things and I have all day to recover tomorrow if I get sick! I'll probably only have the roast of the day cause I never cook a roast for myself but that's the beauty of it, it's my price and I don't have to stand in the kitchen for ages. And I've bought diastop now and it works so I still get the pain but not the 'crap' so to speak haha

And the amazing thing we had some rain last night. It lasted all of 3 minutes and didn't do any good but hey, it's proved it can still rain in Palmerston North.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

RAIN??? Where was that???? Have fun the rest of the weekend, glad your phones and internet are working again.

Anne said...

Good old Palmy, love this weather. We got the rain too and like you got all excited - then it stopped!