July 18, 2007

"Cancer is a Word, Not a Sentence"

Hi. Thanks to Chris and Stew who came down to show me how to 'tart' up my blog tonight. Now I know how to put in photos and make it look a bit more attractive!

Well my visit to the surgeon this morning was um interesting. I hadnt given a thought to the fact that all these men are now going to want to look at my boob and touch it!! Oh dear, just when I thought I'd got over the gynacology bit now I have another embaressment to get over.
However he was very nice, and explained heaps to me like I do have a bit of time to get used to it before it comes off. I see the next surgeon on 3 August and hopefully he will give me a date for Lower Hutt to have surgery done.

I have to finish a few quilts (unfinished pfojects) and start a couple more for my granddchildren. Here is a pic of one I did for my grandson last year. He requested orange, farm animals, motorikes and numbers. So I combined all of his requests into one rug.
Well I'm off to bed. Have to hit the hay as soon as I'm tired now so that I actually get a few hours good sleep. Take care everyone.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Ahhh, that's better! WEll done getting the picture on Karen! Told ya it was'nt hard. And ewww to some bloke handling ya boob!!! Kinky.

FatBlokeThin said...

Pictures and everything! Good skills!

Really pleased it went well for you and I can imagine it is not pleasant to have your 'bits' passed from doctor to doctor...not nice.

I may have convinced my wife to start a blog. She is a keen runner and I have just entered her for a 10k race to raise money for Cancer Research in the UK - sadly she lost her best friend to Hodgkins disease around 10 years ago.

Cancer is such a horrible thing - good for you for standing up and giving it a bloody good kick in the teeth!! Lol!

Lyn said...

What a clever lady you are!!! Quilts take a lot of time and dedication (something I don't seem to posess!! lol)

You have very lucky grandchildren to have a grandma who can do that for them!!

Chris H said...

Woo hoo, ya blog is looking even better now! keep it up!

Anne said...

Do love your attitude!! Must have been weird been examined like that.

Tell Chris she has your blog looking great. I'm sure it will help you a lot to put down your thoughts.

Name: Lynise said...

ohhhh, that quilt is just gorgeous. Craft work is not something I'm good at, so always admire (with envy) people who are.

I can imagine your discomfort in having your 'bits' on show for all and sundry, but its amazing how we seem to be able to put things into their proper perspective when our health relies on it. The doctors have to be sensitive to people, and from my experience they do a fantastic job.