July 24, 2007

CELEBRATIONS

Yes, I'm still here. Its been a really busy weekend and yesterday was no different. I spent Saturday sewing with a group of friends, then went up to the Hospital to visit my father who's had a couple of days up there. Nothing serious! Sunday, my friends/landlords arrived and pulled out my gardens and replanted them. It was a bitterly cold day in the wind and showers of rain but it looks great! Then last night was the 25th birthday of my patchwork and quilting club so it was a busy night. I'm on the Committee and we wore Silver tinsel wigs, gave everyone a birthday present and had a lot of fun. As Librarian I have to do my speel on stage but last night I was a bit emotional beforehand...I think I was overwhelmed at everyones' kindness, hugs and 'hearts' ... It's hard work being funny and happy all the time and I have to admit to feeling wasted today! I've never really been in this position before. I like to think I"ve been there for others in this situation but now its very humbling to be the recipient!
My online patchwork group have been sending me 'heart blocks' which are 6 1/2" squares with a heart sewn on them and their names, messages written around it. When I have recovered from my future op I will sew them all together to remember this journey.
Thank you to everyone who's leaving messages on here too. Michelle of course I remember you. haha. Its a small world sometimes ah. Thank you for your kind words and my love to your Mum.
Marg, how many more sleeps. I can't wait to see you and have your company. This weekend and next .. how lucky am I? See you soon my friend.
Tomorrow is payday thank goodness. I have to get my eyes tested... blind as a bat! but I've decided to wait until after the surgery before I get my glasses. Something to look forward too... except for the bill of course!! I can't see what I look like when I'm trying them on haha so I need to buy them so my daughter has offered to go with me. I have been going to the pool and walking up to 40 lengths at a time. I want to build that up to 80 which I used to do years ago. Its good exercise walking in the pool, plus its safer than walking on my own, and warm too!

Chris H, wow, what a fantastic artist you are! I love your tri thingies. They're gorgeous.

Well everyone, my dinner must be nearly cooked now so I'm off for the evening. Still springcleaning and finding a few treasures I'd forgotten I had. Heaps of sewing to do still but priorities to get the food and wine in for my friend Margaret's stay this weekend. I am so looking forward to her visit. Then she'll be back again next weekend. Yes!!!

Nite everyone.

Karen

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Me an artist? What a joke mate, they are just silly amateur stuff, but good enough for my walls. You are allowed to have moments when you feel upset and scared Karen, so don't go being too hard on yourself... you are in an awful position right now and it's only natural to be upset. I am sure all will be well with you eventually, just hang in there mate. Stew and I are here for you anytime you need to talk, just pop in any evening, we are always home, boring old farts we are!

FatBlokeThin said...

You're not lucky - I imagine you get exactly what you deserve, good friends and all the support you could ever need! We tend to receive exactly what we have given in the past, no surprises really.

I know exactly what you mean about the pressure to 'perform' and to be jolly all the time. Real friends will accept you however you are and letting off steam is good for the soul - trust me! Use the blog to sound off - we can take it!

'Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.' Buddha.

Have a great week.